Saturday, July 26, 2014

'If flowers can bloom after Winter passes, then so can you'

Hello :)
*warning this blog post may be one big ramble of nonsense*

The title of this blog post comes from probably my favourite quote at the moment, (I'm a bit of a quote whore so I switch which ones my favourite a lot but this one is definitely number one).
This quote can be applied to so many situations like most quotes can, the 'Winter' this quote refers to can mean so many different things to different people, it could be a down patch in someone's life due to grades, a death of a loved one etc.

To add a personal note to this post I'd thought I should explain what this quote means to me and why it's so special...
I have suffered with a lot of mental health problems throughout my life, last year (2013) I suffered from deep depression, self harm and suicidal thoughts and I got put into therapy for a long time, but recovered.
But most recently and I guess why this quote is so special to me right now is that I have been diagnosed with anorexia and I'm trying to recover and like all those who face recovery and I have good days where I feel motivated and positive but more bad days where I don't see myself as strong enough to get better....and this is where the quote comes in.
It reminds me that all things get better, no matter how long Winter is I will always get better at the end of it and I just need to keep going and teach myself to be better, because in reality no one else can do it for me.

And so do you, if you're facing trouble, be it something like me or someone close has died or you just feel sad, things get better, they always get better, you just need to stay strong and teach yourself how to be happy again by simply doing the things you love and stopping the things you don't, because if flowers can bloom after a snowstorm then so can you

Thank you for reading
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment